Sunday, July 24, 2011

Comments! WOW!

After days and days of not getting on my blog (lack of info on my part - about my blogging address), I finally figured out what to do and the blog has some new features. Or at least, new to me. And I can click on comments and read your wonderful comments about my older blogs. What fun! Sorry I missed them before. To my children - you are all so good and complimentary to your Mother. Just made my day so bright and wonderful. Thank you very much.
I just have to comment about recipes. In the last few weeks we have been to several lectures about South American history. I have been quite impressed with the knowledge of the speakers and have said to myself that I am very dumb. I know very little about very few things. Then I started thinking about what I should learn. Well, where can you go with that? I directed my thoughts to what I am interested in - well, music for one thing - but over and over I think about how much time and how much I like reading recipes. And to think that I have passed it on to the next generation. I DO like to cook but not as much as I like to READ recipes.
Here in Nauvoo, there is a lady who has a kitchen store. It's a fun place to visit. She sells kitchen gadgets as well as dried foods, spices, candies, etc. Her husband told us she wants to open a bigger store so she can display her collection of cookbooks. She has over 2000. Oh my, I thought I had a lot. Nothing compared to her collection.
Well, when I figure out what I want to become an expert on, I will let you know.

No comments: